Saturday, July 14, 2012

Big Dreams

Call me old fashion, but I can't live without my calendar and day planner. I am a fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl but since the rest of the world isn't my planners have my whole life in them. (It also gives me another Kate Spade item for my handbag.)
While unpacking some old storage boxes I ran across the calendar from my first post-college kitchen wall. It contained a "bucket list" for turning 30. You think I can do it all by December?
1. Take my Mom to Paris (on the calendar for this November!)
2. Buy my dad the car of his choice for his 6-0 (medical leave didn't really allow me to afford that :()
3. Visit all of my college friends in their new cities.
4. Sip on Chardony and watch the sun set in wine county.
5. Sew a quilt like my grandmother used to make.
6. Write a book (does a blog count.)
7. Join Junior League.
8. Go to Keenland in th spring and fall.
9. Have good seats for the derby and a great flowered hat.
10. Attend the CMA awards.
11. Try on a Givinchey dress like the one from Breakfast at Tiffany's.
12. Buy the classic quilted Chanel bag for myself (they have gone up $500 every six months since I wrote this... So let's cross this one off.)
13. Visit my family in London.
14. Buy my first house. check!
15. Fall in love.
Not too bad right? Twentytwo year old me at least had class! I also may have thought life ended at thirty... to be young again!
Wish me luck! XOXO Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment