Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Final Episode of Wedding Season 2012 has aired... now what?!

This year I was honored to attend the wedding events for two of my great friends. These events lead me to celebrations in the windy city, the land of the buckeyes, good old Cincinnati with a grand finalle in Vegas last week. I have earned some frequent flier miles!


You can tell both of the girls are my friends because the destination bacholerette parties were all class and no man parts. Well there were a few in the privacy of the hotel rooms and they (cookies) may have been delicious, but they didnt make it past the limo!
The weddings were as different as you could get: One in a breath taking church, and the other in a simple garden under a cute white tent.
One had the grandmother of the bride blowing kisses down the aisle while the other had a bridesmaid with a broken leg carried by a groomsmen down the aisle.
So despite the locations they ended up being pretty much the alike... Short, sweet, humerious, and an open bar! Let's just say we danced our bunny tails off! And thank goodness for bridal suites!
So I may have been tardy with the whole booking my flight, showing up with a hotel reservation, and sending the RSVPs before the wedding type of things but I am really enjoying shopping for wedding/bridal shower gifts. Traditionally I have stuck to the registry, but this year I have discovered personalized "Mrs." aprons to be a big hit.... Mostly because we are not so domestic but we love a good excuse to play dress up!
Ohhhhhhh and one last very important thing to all my Kentucky girls: wearing red to wedding means absolutely nothing in relationship to the groom as far as us Ohio girls are concerned)
Cheers to the beautiful couples! To health, happiness, and a long life together! XOXO Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment