Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Holiday in Paris Day 2



Bonjour!!! (Your are about to see 100 photos. You have been warned!)

Day two of my crash course in the French language was a success. I was already fluent in the language. By fluent I mean: Je parle très peu le français. (I speak little French.) I had heard that the French were unfriendly and disliked Americans. I was also fully aware that I maybe a "typical annoying American." I would be lying if I said I was incorrect on either account. I assumed that they would speak English. Who doesn’t? Right ? The French don’t, they speak French… who knew ? Well this "typical annoying America" did not know. Moral of the story next time I travel over seas I will invest in Rosetta Stone. Not all of the French we encountered were unfriendly. The younger population seemed to be more aware of globalization and the ability to capitalize on Americans by speaking English. The older population often refused to even speak to us after  we muttered  "Je parle très peu le français" with some oh so Southern accent. Let’s just say I tipped accordingly.  

Soooo Back to Day 2! I am not a huge art buff but when in France… right ? We visited sac le Cloeur and Montmartre. Sac le Cloeur is an amazing chapel and Montmartre is the neighborhood located behind it. It is the area where artist set up on cobble stone alleys lines with cafes with heated porches and stands selling hot wine and pastries. It is what, from paintings, I envisioned France to be. 





Only in Paris...



 Then we ventured behind the church were we had our portraits done and for a little hot wine! 













Absolutely Addicted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some how i managed to eat EVERY. SINGLE. PASTERY in sight and still loss 7 pounds in Paris. I credit it to the copious wine consumption... and maybe the walking. But the copious wine consumption sounds so much more fabulous!

This weekend I will be attempting to make my own hot wine and post a recipe next week! Get Excited!!! (I certainly am!) 

XOXO, Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment