Monday, September 17, 2012

Sideline Negotiators


It seems to be the thing to do in blog world to do a "Weekend Recap." Well my initial response was who in the hail would want to read about my weekend adventures... then I thought: I mean, who wouldn't? My second concern: the editing on this may or may not be comparable to "reality shows" such as the Real Housewives and not be very "real" at all.... then i thought: I just compared myself to the real housewives, who cares?!?! (I kid...) My final concern was that I would never be able to fit in all my weekly events into a single writing session, so I am going to limit this to one event. Sunday Funday: Who Dey Style.



Let me begin by introducing the term "Who Dey." I am sure it's not a secret Cincinnati language, however I am confident if I didn't live in Cincinnati I would be clueless to its meaning. In fact, I live here and I think it sounds a little crazy... No? Who Dey think gonna beat Dem Bengals! Like I said crazy... or under educated, what ev. "Who dey!" is the term of excitement used while watching a Cincinnati Bengals game. Take a minute to let that sink in. Once you have come to terms that the word "Dey" has been licensed, trademarked, and copy written by a city who once called Jerry Springer it's Mayor, then you’re ready for the rest of the story.

Let me set the stage here... I spent Sunday with my friend, Stacey. Stacey and I went to high school together a very short time ago. By "short" I mean we just had our 10 year reunion. (This maybe an example of how I may or may not slightly alter my post much like Keeping up with the Kardashian's alters camera angles making the Courtney and Kim look over 5 feet.) Stacey and I tend to no make plans which tend to lead us on fun unexpected adventures.

This weekend’s adventure included (but was not limited to) the Season opener of the Bengals.

Let's just say we didn't plan on attending the game, but scalping tickets cheap quickly became a sport for the financial planner in Stacey and then turned into a hilarious knock down drag out. To be fair, we were offering a firm but solid offer of $20 for $160 tickets. Let's just say this didn't go over well. Opsies! We were promptly informed that "This isn't high school, this is the Pros... and you can't even get a ticket to a high school game that cheap." Which escalated to: "You girls cheap! How you gonna catch a ball player being that cheap... all you ever gonna catch for $10 is some dude with a homeless sign."  I may have peed my pants a lil. So we ended up paying $24.50 for each ticket. (Actually $25 but i found $1 on the ground so we factored that into the savings.) We arrived at the entrance and SUPRISE the field level tickets were counterfeit! No they weren't but we were shocked that they weren't because they were so close it was almost like watching the game in High Def.


So is what I learned this weekend:
I might attract homeless men. (We already know this but it's going to need a post of its    own.)

If I am ever on Let's Make a Deal, Stacey will be on my team.

And last but not least... (Insert drum roll here.) If you were an off the shoulder shirt to a football game you are going to have an awkward tan line at work on Monday... Not worth it girls.

Here's to being professional Sideline Negotiators! Cheers!

XOXO, Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment