Friday, September 14, 2012

Countdown to Keenland!


Happy Wednesday! It's less than six weeks until hats and horsy time in Kentucky! The countdown has begun and the monogrammed derby hat has been ordered! (Along with the monogramed earrings, monogramed clutch, and monogramed koozie... I mean I had to spend $200 to get the Labor Day Special. Obviously.)



Here is a lil tastey poo of the Marley Lilly goodies I snagged. I highly suggest shopping when you are half asleep. It's like USPS turns into Santa and brings you a box of toys, except you like them all. I was clearly a good little girl this year and a great late night shopper. I may not have remembered a single thing i ordered but I LOVED it all!


This is going to be my first Fall Keenland experience and let’s just say excited might be an understatement. In case you who live under a rock (or perhaps in a state other than Kentucky) Keenland is a horse racing track with meets in spring and fall. It's basically an excuse to play dress up (as if I don't play dress up 'ery day anyway.)


As a newbie to the track I have been asking for some advice from the veterans.



1. Did you know that if a horse goes poo right before the race he will run faster? I doubt I will be taking advantage of this little tip, but never the less I am paying it forward.



2. Next tip is pay attention to the jockey and the horsies previous races. If they have dropped from a big money race to a small money race then they are prob the best of their new group... not sure how to find this out?



3. Now this one is from me: Always pick the horsie with a cute name or wearing Pink. If you don't win, you have at least lost with class and style. Am I right?



Cheers! XOXO



Elle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment