Saturday, September 29, 2012

The shiny tight yoga pant.


Who else was a little scared of the now trending Pleather Pants?


 For me it was kinda of like the whole color mint debacle. Like the first time I saw the color mint on Pintrest and I thought "Ehh what's the big deal... and a year later after seeing it for the 134th time I was like "Must have everything mint colored right now!!!" And then I was over it before I even painted my pinky with my $8 bottle of Essie. Why did I think Mint colored nails were a good idea?
I sometimes get side tracked... that was one of the times.

Back to pleather!

So this weekend I decided to go out on a limb. The occasion was the opening of a bar in the suburbs owned by a friend, well attended by more of the city crowd in support. The motivation was: why not? Oh, and the fact that they were $12.  That's right! For $12 I thought the risk was worth it, and what better time to do it? My friends were isolated on a party bus, perfect test audience. So I paired them with some Sam Edelman spiked heels and neutral long BCBG low cut tee and after I got over feeling like Peggie Bundy I headed out. I thought the girls will love it, the boys will be like pump the brakes, where is you standard cocktail dress?


Oh, but was I wrong.




I am pretty sure I got a compliment from every guy I knew. I don't think my legs have ever been rubbed so much ever, which was kinda awkward... but you'll have that. Moral of the story is every girl needs a pair of "tight shiny yoga pants" better known to the female population as pleather jeggings!




Don't be scared! If I can do, anyone can!

Cheer! XOXO

Elle

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! I'm working up the courage to pull out my pleather equestrian style leggings that I bought for a rock star party a couple of years ago and see if I can pull them off as a legitimate outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! If I can do it, anyone can!!! :)

      Delete