Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Rum Punch, Champagne Punch, We all Love Party Punch!

Okay so that was a really cheesy title, no? 

Well, I don’t know about you but drinking Party Punch makes me feel almost as 50's House Wife-esk as wearing a vintage apron. (I have a collection of these. Some monogramed, not necessarily with my monogram, but I think ads to the charm.)  I think it’s because it involves a recipe and a crystal.

My party Punch is always a hit. I need to start printing the recipe beforehand and giving them out as party favors, but this would make me feel old. And besides they can read it on my blog right? I have kind of developed variations over the years of the basic recipe. There are 3 main types of punches: Rum, Champagne, and Non-Alcoholic.

Champagne Punch

1/2 to 3/4 of  a gallon of Tricolored Sorbet
3 bottles of champagne (chilled)
1 litter of ginger ale
1 can of frozen orange juice from concentrate

In the bottom of the bowl scoop the Tricolored Sorbet and Orange Juice from Concentrate in FIRST. That is very important. Then pour the champagne & ginger ale directly on top of the ice cream or concentrate. This causes it to fizz and creates the foamy part of the punch.

Let sit for 10- 15 to allow all of the flavors to mix. Stir a little, but leave it chunky.


Non-Alcholic

1/2 to 3/4 of  a gallon of Tricolored Sorbet
2 litters of ginger ale
1 can of frozen orange juice from concentrate

In the bottom of the bowl scoop the Tricolored Sorbet and Orange Juice from Concentrate in FIRST. That is very important. Then pour the ginger ale directly on top of the ice cream or concentrate. This causes it to fizz and creates the foamy part of the punch.

Let sit for 10- 15 to allow all of the flavors to mix. Stir a little, but leave it chunky.

Enjoy!

The Rum Punch
Follow the directions to the Non- Alcoholic Punch. Add 1/2 bottle of Peach Schnapps and 1/4 to 1/2 a bottle of flavored rum at the end. Doing it at the end is important so you don’t effect the foam and mixing of the ice cream and carbonation.

I have also substituted Peach  for the tri color sorbet, to make it a Peach rum punch. (My personal fav but not everyone likes peach.) I like Malibu brand for this, especially the Mango flavor. You will barely be able to taste the alcohol with this recipe but you could you less if you wanted less of a alcohol content. As another option you could allow guests to add the Rum themselves to their individual cup of non-alcoholic punch.

Hope you enjoy!

XOXO Elle
 



No comments:

Post a Comment