Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Time I Ran in the Flying Piglet


Derby + Cinco de Mayo + Flying Pig Marathon =  ponytails and no noteworthy #OOTD the past 3 days. 


Wet hair... Don't Care. 
I am still recovering and it’s Tuesday! For those of you who don't know the Flying Pig Marathon is Cincinnati's Marathon that is a qualifier for the Boston Marathon. Okay so I must admit that I may have not ran IN the marathon… but I did run from my car to the finish swine (their words not mine) and then to the bar for Cinco de Mayo tacos and tequila. Let’s just call it the Flying Piglet. Four miles in the POURING rain deserves something right?  (It actually is a big deal for me after all my surgeries, but blah blah... they ran TWENTY SIX MILES.)

At the finish line I saw more than one Lululemon running skirt. I mean if you are going to run a marathon you might as well look cute in the finish line photos,  right? I am confident regardless of my attire I would NOT look a bit cute crawling over the line.  Honestly, I am usually not a huge fan of Lulu... yea it's cute, but it's so much cuter on Skinny Minnies... and then there is the sticker shock. Yes, I admit to paying $78 on a long sleeve teeshirt on an isolated occasion, but I try not to make a habit of it. If I run the Marathon next year I will however spend as much as I want on a cute little running #OOTD.  I have been window online shopping some options to check out. I feel like I would be more motivated to run in a cute skirt. Have any of y'all tried a running skirt? 

Lululemon $58

Via

Nike $50


Champion for Target $18


At the risk of making this post sound like a glorified Facebook status update I cannot resist sharing a couple of great photos I captured of my friends at the finish.  I was hoping to see a proposal but such luck. Maybe next year maybe I will need a better camera for the occasion...




... or maybe I will do the marathon… yea probably not.

Cheers! XOXO
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment