Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Like a movie...







It's not every day a girls life is a scene out of a movie. It's also not every day that a girl celebrates her birthday in Paris. Last week I did both.

You may have seen the movie Something's Gotta Give?

Via IMDB

 And you may have seen the birthday scene at restaurant in Paris? 


Via





So to celebrate my 30th birthday I was surprised by a group dinner  at the very same restaurant with the very same birthday cake. Of course after a few glasses of 2007 Chateau Siran Margaux I was being an obnoxious American and assumed the waiter did not speak English... He did. After the staff sang "Joyeux anniversaire" and my amazing road flare cake fizzled out I asked the waiter if I got to keep the cake and if so could i have a to-go box for it. I had expected a puzzle look to my smarty pants comment, but instead he ripped off a heart and gave it to me as a souvenir.








The movie prop!

Restaurants have scrapbooks too!

 Notice the cake in the top left photo? Look familiar?



My first taste of Escargot!



I mean what more could a girl ask for... other than shopping in the LaFayette Mall in Paris afterwards! Stay tuned because that is worthy of its own post! 



XOXO

Elle


No comments:

Post a Comment