Monday, November 19, 2012

What not to bring to Friendsgiving...



What not to bring to Friendsgiving… you heard it here first.

So I have never claimed to be perfect, or to attempt to be. God bless my friends for loving me for it. On Saturday we celebrated “Friendsgiving.”  Friendsgiving is a celebration shared with your friends who are like family that involves the traditional family feast with the addition of party dresses and lots and lots of wine. This is a revolutionary idea. 

Not the best photo... "if only we had a dimmer."
 I naturally volunteered to bring some fancy fall boozy drink. Fresh off the plane from Paris I was going thru withdraws of Hot Wine. So it was on the top of my short list… in fact being a non-cooker it was the only option on the list. As the day of the event arrived I checked the Facebook invite to discover the crock pot was already being occupied by Hot Spiced (boozy) Apple Cider. Gasp! What now?!? So this is what I brought as a backup… 

Apparently you are supposed to cook the food BEFORE you arrive? Needless to say my feelings were not hurt that no one want my Friendsgiving contribution. 

Happy Friendsgiving ya'll! 

XOXO Elle  

No comments:

Post a Comment