Friday, December 28, 2012

Cocktails for a Cause and What I Wore to Wal-Mart



Every year, for the past several years, my Mother and I have “adopted” a family for Christmas. We do still exchange gifts but it just seems more fun to buy gifts for the less fortunate. Am I right?


This year a friend of mine set up an event to help raise money with her co-workers for adopting an angel family. They set up a “wine tasting and brewery tour.” You maybe thinking that’s sounds different… as was I. It turned out I may have been told it was a "wine tasting" because everyone knows I am anything but a beer drinker… can we say waste of calories? #DietVodkaSodaPlease 

So back to the BEER tasting at the Brewery…




We tasted all the Bunny Food grains. 


The “don’t embarrass me with talk about Bunny Brewery Hops” look.  (While we were tasting Hops.)




We learned about filtering… and learned that you should NOT wear suede kitten heels on Brewery Tours. 



I have to admit the foam on a fresh beer is pretty tasty! 


Then after an Italian Feast and some Birthday Toasts we headed to Wal-Mart for some late night shopping. Yes, this really happened. #WhenInWalmart




The donations for the Brewery Tour raised enough money to purchase everything on the list for the needy family. I am so proud to have such thoughtful and generous friends. Do y'all have any good ideas for charity event?



 On a side note last week a coworker told me "You are so the girl on the TV show 2 Broke Girls" during a conversation about my unreasonable obsession with vintage furs. This did not sound like anything I wanted to be associated with. So I watched the Christmas Episode on Christmas day.... and ohhhh sis was she right. I am can not wait to write about this topic! Get excited!

Cheers! XOXO

Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment