Monday, July 29, 2013

Gender Reveal: YAY!

Last week I wrote a sassy little post about gender reveals gone bad inspired by some resent bad experiences from friends. The gender reveal party that I attended was (thankfully) nothing like any of the horror stories. 




The gender reveal invitation was causal and simple: a personal phone call. No formal cards, or impersonal facebook event... just a call to ask us to share a special once in a life time moment with the couple. 

The gender reveal requests were causal and simple: bring yourself and wear pink or blue to reflect the gender you think it will be. No gifts necessary. (We brought small gifts anyways.)

Now ya'll know I had a closet FULL of pink ready to go and I was completely sure it was going to be a girl... me and everyone else. We were so convinced we actually convinced ourselves we were too confident that we must be wrong... so everyone showed up in BLUE.(And it just so happened that my Ellen & Ollie package showed up that day!)




The proud parents had a cake made by the amazing baker who did their wedding cake with the top tier of the cake colored either pink or blue. Did I mention that this gender reveal party was not just for the guests to find out, but also for the couple?  I am not sure how they did it without peaking in the envelope on the way to the baker or peeling up the corner of the fondant to reveal the cakes color but they did it! They cut the cake together as they had practiced last year at their wedding, silver wedding knife and all to reveal...


 





It was pink!!! Which is great because I am not sure how Daddy would feel about his son in the pink and purple juicy couture outfit I already purchased! Yep, and I should have stuck with my pink dress. 

My vote for a well executed Gender Reveal is a big YAY! It is such an big moment in their lives, why not share it with your BFFs and Fam? 

XOXO, 

Elle





No comments:

Post a Comment